What does ESG Mean for Healthcare Real Estate?
- Room: Michigan AB, Level 2
- Session Number:T103
Thursday,April 27, 2023:10:30 AM -11:30 AM
In recent years, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives have been elevated from a niche interest to a mainstream corporate program across a broad range of stakeholders, including healthcare systems, investors, corporations, and real estate firms. Given this increased focus, this session will give an overview of what ESG means and shed light on both its drivers and opportunities as they relate to the property lifecycle from the perspective of healthcare system providers and the real estate teams which support their operations. Examples of both new developments and existing buildings will be used to demonstrate the collaboration needed for successful integration with healthcare systems and tenants.
- Define ESG and the global drivers from investment, regulatory, and corporate perspectives
- Identify the key ESG issues facing the Healthcare Real Estate sector
- Understand how ESG can help to manage risk and improve long-term financial performance
- Recognize the ESG drivers in real estate using examples from both new construction and existing buildings
- Examine a case study of collaboration with a health system on their ESG efforts