Last updated 8/20/21
We are excited to be returning to an in-person conference on November 1 - 3 in Dallas, TX. With the rise of COVID-19 cases due to the Delta Variant, we have understandably received some inquiries about the health and safety protocols that will be in place at the 2021 BOMA Medical Real Estate Conference. The health and safety of our attendees is our top priority. We are implementing several safety measures to aid in reducing the spread of the virus.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By attending the 2021 BOMA Medical Office Buildings & Healthcare Real Estate Conference, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We strongly encourage all attendees to get vaccinated. Science shows that vaccines are the number one thing we can all do to prevent infection and stop the spread of this disease.
Safety Requirements and Policies
- Unvaccinated attendees must wear a face covering and practice social distancing while participating in BOMA conference events, both indoors and outdoors.
- Fully vaccinated attendees are not required to wear a face covering, however, we strongly recommend that fully vaccinated attendees wear a face covering indoors if you have a weakened immune system, or if you are at increased risk for severe disease due to age or underlying health conditions. The most recent guidelines from the CDC recommend that all fully vaccinated people continue to wear a face covering indoors while the Delta Variant is surging.
- Importantly, we will not be checking the vaccination status of attendees. We will rely on the honor system.
- BOMA cannot guarantee that other attendees will be vaccinated and cannot guarantee conference participants will not become infected with COVID-19.
- All attendees must comply with posted instructions and safety protocols, including wearing a mask if required, and respectiing social distancing. Instructions and protocols are subject to change
- If you begin to feel ill when you arrive in Dallas, or at any point during the conference, you must isolate yourself immediately. Stay in your hotel room and contact the hotel operator if you need medical attention. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- It is federally mandated that all individuals, including those vaccinated, wear a face covering in US airports and onboard airplanes
On-Site Pandemic Protocols
- A BOMA 2021 badge must be worn to access all conference events. When you pick-up your badge on-site, you will be asked to select a badge holder color that signifies your personal comfort level to other attendees
- GREEN badge indicates you are comfortable with high 5's or handshakes and are engaging in frequent hand washing/sanitizing
- YELLOW badge indicates you are still being cautious and prefer elbows-only contact
- RED badge indicates you prefer no physical contact and are maintaining 6-feet apart social distancing
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be located throughout the hotel and meeting areas
- Sanitation wipes and disposable masks will be available at the registration desk if you need extra
- Socially distanced seating will be available in most meeting rooms and signage will indicate one-way traffic flows in and out of rooms.
- Wherever there are lines, safe queuing measures will be in place and plastic/plexiglass shields will be at all registration counters and service desks
- All hotel employees and contractors will undergo health checks and wear masks while servicing BOMA's event
- The hotel will engage in frequent cleaning of public areas including elevators, escalators, lounges and furniture, hallways, restrooms and door handles (See the Omni Hotel Safety & Cleaning Standard below)
- The conference agenda, information and handouts are accessible through a mobile app to limit the exchange of paper materials.
We are continuing to monitor the ongoing developments and policy changes concerning pandemic safety. We are working closely with our Dallas venues and suppliers to ensure we provide an environment that complies with local, state and CDC guidelines. Instructions and protocols are subject to change and we will continue to update you.
Safety Measures at the Omni Dallas Hotel
The Omni Dallas, as part of their Stay A Part of Safety program, has implemented additional processes and procedures to ensure the health, safety, and comfort of guests. All their processes follow CDC guidelines and local and federal mandates. Furthermore, their guidelines meet or exceed the "Stay Safe" initiative set forth by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA).
Read the Omni Hotel Safety & Cleaning Standard.