Founded in 1907, the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a federation of U.S. local associations and global affiliates. The leading trade association for commercial real estate professionals for more than 100 years, BOMA represents the owners, managers, service providers and other property professionals of all commercial building types, including office, industrial, medical, corporate and mixed-use. BOMA International is the partner individuals in the commercial real estate industry choose to maximize value for their careers, organizations and assets. BOMA's mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge.
Visit www.boma.org to learn more about BOMA International.
Who are BOMA members?
BOMA International members are building owners, managers, developers, leasing professionals, corporate facility managers, asset managers, and the providers of the products and services needed to operate commercial properties.
What does BOMA International do?
- Monitors and lobbies pertinent legislative, regulatory and codes/standards issues impacting commercial real estate.
- Publishes The BOMA Magazine, the official publication of BOMA International
- Produces a variety of leading industry publications, including
- Conducts education and training in a variety of formats and on a variety of topics, including leasing, building operations and management, asset management, energy efficiency and sustainability, tenant relations and retention, and emergency preparedness.
- Hosts the BOMA International Annual Conference & Expo every June, the BOMA International Medical Office Buildings & Healthcare Real Estate Conference every spring, and the Winter Business Meeting & National Issues Conference, along with other topical conferences and seminars.
- The Outstanding Building of the Year® (TOBY®) Awards competition, which is the CRE industry's most prestigious and coveted award. The TOBY Award honors buildings in a variety of categories based on overall operations. Everything from community involvement and site management to environmental and sustainability policies and procedures are considered.
- Designates excellence in building management and operations through the BOMA 360 Performance Program®, a groundbreaking designation program designed to validate and recognize commercial properties that demonstrate best practices in all major areas of building operations and management.