Last updated 10/01/21
We are excited to be returning to an in-person conference on November 1 - 3 in Dallas, TX. The health and safety of our attendees is our top priority. We are implementing several safety measures to ensure a healthy environment and to reduce the risk of exposure to and spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or a Negative COVID-19 Test Required to Attend
We are requiring all attendees to provide either a proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before you arrive at the conference. We are utilziing a digital health app that will enable attendees to submit their vaccination record in advance. A negative COVID test result may also be submitted through the App, if taken within 72 hours before you arrive. All registered attendees will receive instructions on how to use the app.
Safety Requirements and Policies
- Unvaccinated attendees must wear a face covering and practice social distancing while participating in BOMA conference events.
- Fully vaccinated attendees are not required to wear a face covering, however, we strongly recommend that fully vaccinated attendees wear a face covering indoors if you have a weakened immune system, or if you are at increased risk for severe disease due to age or underlying health conditions. The most recent guidelines from the CDC recommend that all fully vaccinated people continue to wear a face covering indoors.
- All attendees must comply with posted instructions and safety protocols onsite, including wearing a mask if required, and respectiing social distancing. Instructions and protocols are subject to change
- All attendees must agree to the Code of Conduct (see below).
- It is federally mandated that all individuals, including those vaccinated, wear a face covering in US airports and onboard airplanes
On-Site Pandemic Protocols
- A BOMA 2021 badge must be worn to access all conference events. When you pick-up your badge on-site, you will be asked to select a badge holder color that signifies your personal comfort level to other attendees
- GREEN badge indicates you are comfortable with high 5's or handshakes and are engaging in frequent hand washing/sanitizing
- YELLOW badge indicates you are still being cautious and prefer elbows-only contact
- RED badge indicates you prefer no physical contact and are maintaining 6-feet apart social distancing
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be located throughout the hotel and meeting areas
- Sanitation wipes and disposable masks will be available at the registration desk if you need extra
- Socially distanced seating will be available in most meeting rooms and signage will indicate one-way traffic flows in and out of rooms.
- Plastic/plexiglass shields will be at all registration counters and service desks
- All hotel employees and contractors will undergo health checks and wear masks while servicing BOMA's event
- The hotel will engage in frequent cleaning of public areas including elevators, escalators, lounges and furniture, hallways, restrooms and door handles (See the Omni Hotel Safety & Cleaning Standard below)
- The conference agenda, information and handouts are accessible through a mobile app to limit the exchange of paper materials.
Code of Conduct / Personal Responsibility
By attending the 2021 BOMA Medical Real Estate Conference, you agree to the following:
- I agree not to travel or attend BOMA 2021 if I or a member of my household feel sick
- I will not attend if I test positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with symptoms or someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- If I begin to feel ill after arriving at the conference I will isolate myself immediately. I understand the symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, and nausea or vomiting,
- If unvaccinated, I agree to wear a face covering at all times while attending BOMA 2021 events
- I will frequently wash and sanitize my hands while attending BOMA 2021
- I will follow social distancing guidelines and foot traffic flow signs
- I will respect the personal comfort level of all attendees, as indicated by their badge color, and greet everyone in a safe and professional way
- I will follow all safety protocols in place at the conference, in the hotel, and all local, state and federal public health guidelines and laws
- I acknowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVD-19 exists in any public place where people are present and that BOMA cannot guarantee conference participants will not become infected with COVID-19. By attending, I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19.
- I agree to cooperate with BOMA, its conference venues and public health officials regarding investigatons and reporting of COVID-19 infections or suspected infections prior to, during and after the conference.
We are continuing to monitor the ongoing developments and policy changes concerning pandemic safety. We are working closely with our Dallas venues and suppliers to ensure we provide an environment that complies with local, state and CDC guidelines. Instructions and protocols are subject to change and we will continue to update you.
Safety Measures at the Omni Dallas Hotel
The Omni Dallas, as part of their Stay A Part of Safety program, has implemented additional processes and procedures to ensure the health, safety, and comfort of guests. All their processes follow CDC guidelines and local and federal mandates. Furthermore, their guidelines meet or exceed the "Stay Safe" initiative set forth by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA).
Read the Omni Hotel Safety & Cleaning Standard.