Program and Speakers
Join over 1,300 healthcare real estate professionals from across the nation at BOMA's 2020 Medical Office Buildings + Healthcare Real Estate Conference, the industry's premier education, networking, and business development event.
BOMA features over 25 education sessions including keynote addresses and concurring sessions grouped into education tracks that examine the business of healthcare real estate in depth.
The 2020 conference program is currently under development. Check back in early 2020 for more details on our program.
Capital Markets explores the latest trends in medical real estate transactions and financing
- A Discussion with Health Systems
- Perspectives of the Investor C-Suite
- Wall Street's Perspective on Healthcare Real Estate
Compliance and Regulation examines key legal and regulatory issues affecting healthcare real estate leasing, development and acquisitions
- Managing the Impact of Innovations in CRE Technology
- Exploring the New World of Timeshare Arrangements
Development and Innovation - NEW IN 2020 - explores innovations in development and design strategies
- Exploring Current Trends in Healthcare Development
- Predictive Analytics: Getting through the Confusion to Find Reliable Solutions
- Evolution of Design: Future Proofing Healthcare Facilities
Leasing and Management examines the outlook for leasing and property management
- Active Shooter Training: Protecting Patients, Tenants, Property and Yourself
- Understanding the San Diego Life Science Cluster
- Utilizing Technology to Upgrade Patient and Tenant Experience
Healthcare Provider Strategies focuses on health systems' approaches to real estate strategy
- Building a Cutting-Edge Real Estate Team for Your Health System
- Creating Real Estate and Social Opportunities through Healthcare
- Should Health Systems Own Real Estate?
Scott Becker, JD, CPA, Publisher and Founder of Becker's Hospital Review and Becker's Healthcare, author of four books, and a renowned leader in the healthcare profession, will deliver a keynote presentation on the core issues facing the healthcare industry and the key trends affecting healthcare real estate. Mr. Becker is a partner in the national law firm of McGuireWoods where he exclusively provides legal, advisory and strategic counseling and services to ambulatory surgery centers, tax exempt and for-profit hospitals, national and regional companies that own and operate multiple hospitals and ASCs, physician owned hospitals and ACSs, private equity funds which invest in health care companies and large medical groups.
Part journalist, part historian, and all shrewd political observer, Ronald (Ron) Brownstein will present a sharp analysis on politics, policy, the electorate, media and healthcare as we head into the 2020 election. As a CNN Senior Political Analyst, Senior Editor for the Atlantic, and Contributing Editor for the National Journal, Brownstein explains the complexities of American politics with lucid precision. He'll discuss the press' impact on Americans and the range of issues informed by his strong sense of American political and national history. Brownstein has twice been a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize for political reporting. He is also the author of six best-selling books, and his articles on politics, public policy, and culture have appeared in myriad major publications and on many broadcast news outlets.